To apply: send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line, “YOUR NAME — Barista Application”Overview
Considered Coffee is seeking a proactive, self-motivated, and detail-oriented Barista.
Our ideal candidate has high-volume, quality-focused barista experience, has worked in a fast-paced setting and is used to multitasking, is a natural conversationalist, and has been called independent, a leader, and self-organized by peers and managers in the past.
Oh, and one really important thing— Considered is Curbside Coffee. Which means: you’ll be working out of a micro, mobile cafe housed in a 1965 VW Bus, converted to accommodate full-service coffee. The Bus engages in normal service in various locations in Santa Barbara proper, participates in pop up collaborations, and is booked for private events.
This role is equal parts espresso drink-making, customer service and checkout, and sexy logistics.
You won’t just be making coffee or operating a POS system. You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute out-of-the-box ideas, problem-solve while maintaining intentional hospitality, and grow your community-building skills. Your Shift:
- You’ll arrive to the Bus loading location, ensure the Bus is prepared for service, and pack up for the day’s service
- You’ll drive to the day’s service location and set up the Bus for service
- You’ll prepare espresso drinks with beans sourced from our local coffee partner, help customers pay for their drink, and deliver an experience that makes every customer feel Considered
- Depending on the shift, you may also be responsible for packing up the Bus at the end of service, driving the Bus back to its home base, and unpacking the vehicle to dispose of waste, refill water tanks, clean the service area, and wash wares from the day.
This role requires the ability to process and implement feedback, comfortability handling unexpected situations and ongoing evolution, detail-oriented execution and thoughtful problem-solving, and an excitement about delivering an unmatched customer experience. Physical requirements:
has the ability to lift 25 pounds, stand for long periods (4-6 hours) and be actively present and engaged with guests in all conditions. Compensation:
Hourly DOE — starting at $17.50/hour + a split of guaranteed 15% gratuity from sales Perks + benefits
- Opportunities and potential to take on passion projects, contribute ideas, and grow into management roles
- Free coffee drinks!
- Company sponsored Simple IRA with 2% company contribution
- 50% of your medical insurance covered by the company
- 100% of your dental insurance covered by the company
- 100% of your vision insurance covered by the company
- 100% of your life insurance ($50k coverage) covered by the company
- 80 hours (10 days) Paid Time Off
- 48 hours (6 days) paid Holiday hours throughout the year
Experience + qualifications
Skills + abilities
- Must have current food handlers certification
- Must either A) know how to drive stick shift, or B) be willing and prepared to learn
- Must have a current drivers license and provide proof of auto insurance
- Must have previous work experience as a Barista
- Must have hands-on experience with brewing equipment
- Must have flexibility to work various shifts and events
The Considered Culture Must-Haves
- Personable, with the ability to reflect empathy to others and build a genuine connection
- Strong communication skills, professional yet approachable communication etiquette
- Adequate conflict resolution skills
- Ability to gauge customers’ preferences
- Ability to multitask
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and highly organized
- Acute attention to detail
- Marketing mind preferred (for the purpose of upsells, alternate solutions), with experience building a loyal customer base
- Ability to take feedback, integrate it, and implement it in order to always be evolving, refining our service
- An understanding of cafe culture, experience creating excellent and consistent product with a goal of supporting sales efforts and positive guest experiences
- A natural sense of creativity, and the ability to generate new ideas and concepts that will continue to help us stand out, and be at the forefront of innovation in our industry
- A willingness to ask for what you need, speak up about your opinions and preferences
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Professionalism: the natural tendency to put one’s best foot forward, on behalf of themselves and the company, always considering how one’s presence affects the overall impression of the company and community.
- The Figure It Out Factor: natural tendency to take initiative, seek solutions at one’s own discretion, and problem-solve in the unknown, without being directly instructed to do so. The ability to be autonomous, take full ownership, and use one’s common sense, knowledge, and thoughtful consideration of the bigger picture to complete tasks and projects to the best of their ability.
- Standard of Full-Assing: natural tendency, desire and willingness to do things to 100% completion, continuously improve performance, processes, etc., and strive for excellence at all times. Always looking for ways to make something better for themselves, the team, the company and our shared impact.
To apply: send your resume to email@example.com
with the subject line, “YOUR NAME — Barista Application”